Gathered the following information while researching for Our New Website www.CityHallWeddingReception.com Just thought I'd share here in case you're planning a City Hall Wedding.
Information collected from The City of New York, Office of the City Clerk
Their Website: www.cityclerk.nyc.gov
A NYS marriage license is valid for 60 days. I believe that for Active Military it is valid for 180 days). You may apply online, which is suggested, as this will inform you of necessary documents eg: divorce papers from previous marriage etc.
Please enter your information accurately. Print paperwork and take with you to City Clerk's Office to obtain your license.
Please note: License can only be used in The State of New York
Ceremony information at The Office of The City Clerk:
Most important!! You must wait a full 24 hours from the time your marriage license is issued before a marriage ceremony can be performed.
The Fee for the marriage ceremony performed in any Offices of the City Clerk is $25.00.
Marriage Ceremonies are performed on a first come first served basis. They are done during regular business hours, Monday thru Friday from 8:30am to 3:45pm. At least one witness over the age of 18 must be present with valid photo identification, at the marriage ceremony.
After your marriage ceremony, your marriage certificate will be immediately issued to you.
Apply and received your Marriage License as stated above and wait a full 24 hours before your marriage ceremony. Present your marriage license to your marriage officiant.
Please NOTE: Any Marriage Officiant who performs a marriage in any of the boroughs of New York City must be REGISTERED with the Office of the City Clerk. **Very Important!
The marriage officiant will fill in the necessary information on the marriage license and mail it to The Office of the City Clerk within 5 days of marriage ceremony. A marriage certificate will then be mailed to the address indicated on your marriage application..
CLOSEST City Clerk's Location and Business Hours to My Kitchen:
QUEENS OFFICE, BOUROUGH HALL BUILDING
120-55 Queens Boulevard, Room G-100
Kew Gardens, NY 11424
Monday thru Friday from 8:30am - 3:45pm
City Hall Wedding
Chef.and.I Blog, City Hall Weddings City Hall, City Hall Wedding, City Hall Weddings, CityHall, CityHallWedding, CityHallWeddings, Engagement, Event, Event Planner, Event Planning, Events, In My Kitchen, InMyKitchen, Wedding, Weddings
Chef and I have owned My Kitchen now for 6 years. I have seen our Weddings Bookings slowly increase. This year, our number doubled. I am very thankful.
I have had a few couples going the City Hall Route and was able to throw them a Wedding Reception, instead of simply sitting at the Restaurant for early dinner. City Hall Ceremonies are held Monday thru Thursday with the latest time being 3:00pm, making it ideal to have an early weekday afternoon reception, if planned properly.
That is the gist of this blog post. Let me point out a couple of things you need to know. However, I also ask that you verify by calling City Clerk’s Office for up to date information.
- City Hall Queens Office is closest to us. 120-55 Queens Boulevard, Kew Gardens. Open Monday thru Friday from 8:30am – 3:45pm. It’s only 1 Train stop away from My Kitchen
- Must obtain a Marriage License. I believe it’s $35.00 (credit card or money order)
- You may begin your application online. However, you MUST appear in Court together at the same time. Must have proper ID, usually, the same used to fill in online form
- After Marriage License has been obtained, you have to wait 24 hours before the Marriage Ceremony can be performed.
- Marriage License is valid for 60 days.
- Most reviews indicate that Mondays and Fridays are the busiest, so try mid-week.
This is where you now have options:
- City Hall Wedding Ceremony – A civil marriage ceremony can be performed in the City Clerk’s Office during regular business hours. You cannot reserve a time or make appointment. You need to have Witness over 18 and with valid ID. I’ve heard stories that families of other couples have filled in. Everyone is usually in a wonderful mood as they’re there for the same reason.
The Cost for the Ceremony is $25.00 (I believe)
After which, you reserve a table at a restaurant and celebrate with your family and friends.
The next option is where I come in
- Weddings in My Kitchen – You have the option to have the Ceremony at our location. In “nice” weather, it can be in our backyard or we setup chapel style indoors. You will need an Officiant. Not sure how much each individual charges. I’ve come up with a package inclusive of Cheese Station for Appetizer, Food, Soft Beverages, Room setup for a Reception. You have the option for background music and dancing. Click on the link below for more information.
To those couples who have decided to go the route of hosting a smaller intimate Wedding with us here in My Kitchen, we really take the position that a Wedding is still a Wedding and we make every attempt to make your day special.
Here’s a link to another wonderful post in Glamour.com by Penny Wrenn
Contact us for more information
Dhanny and Chef Joe
Chef.and.I Blog Cater, Caterer, Catering, chef and i, chefandI, City Hall, City Hall Wedding, City Hall Weddings, CityHall, CityHallWedding, CityHallWeddings, Event, Event Planner, Event Planning, Events, Forest Hills, ForestHills, In My Kitchen, InMyKitchen, Wedding, Weddings
Disclaimer: By no means do I think of myself as such. However, one of my Client posted a review on our FB page and it made me giggle. You see, they did a last minute wedding and I was able to pull it off..
Lately, it seems that we’ve been getting calls for small weddings (under 40) and all happening within less than 2-3 weeks from first call. My couples all have their own reasons for rushing, some it’s the dates 4/4 or 5/5 others it’s because they have family visiting from abroad and need to coordinate while others eh hem just need to get it done. To me it’s a breath of fresh air and it doesn’t matter to me but I know I can get it done in a week.. Whether it’s 20 or 80.. I have a solid list of Vendors who are accommodating to me.
I have been receiving a number of calls for City Hall Wedding Receptions.. AND WHY NOT!! If you’re going to a Restaurant afterwards, why not consider having a mini-reception?
We have special packages for Weekday after City Hall, so if you’re interested, contact me: Dhanny (718) 544-5644 or email: email@example.com